Based in Venezuela
June 21st 2016
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action is a booze em' up about waifus, technology, and post-dystopia life. Its main mechanic consists in preparing drinks using the available ingredients, but rather than just following an order to advance through the story, it's up to the player to decide what kind of drink to serve. In short, this is about serving the right drink, and you achieve this by paying attention to your client's rants. Rewards include different events, dialogues and endings.
VA-11 HALL-A was originally made for the Cyberpunk Jam 2014, but we started development of a commercial version soon after.
- Interact with cool, alcohol-deprived characters!
- Learn way too much about their daily lives.
- Make them happy, with or without chemical help.
- Enjoy the Cyberpunk look and feel thanks to the amazing soundtrack composed by Garoad and visuals by kiririn51.
Story Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "4GAMER INDIE PRIZE NOMINEE" TOKYO GAME SHOW 2015.
- "FAMITSU INDIE PRIZE NOMINEE" TOKYO GAME SHOW 2015.
- "Feels very natural, flows well and never falls into the trap of simply alternating “gameplay” and “story” as so many narrative-based games do; rather, everything you do feels relevant to what is unfolding in front of you, leaving the whole experience feeling very coherent."
- Pete Davison, Moe Gamer
- "I’m a huge fan of cyberpunk fiction, and I feel like the genre is severely neglected if not mishandled in the gaming industry. The team at Sukeban Games seem to really be paying close attention to everything they possibly can within their game’s fiction, and it shines through even in this early form."
- Brandon Orselli, Niche Gamer
- "Though post-dystopianism sounds way too postmodern for my still rational brain, the idea of serving outrageous cocktails to the people of a corporations-driven, nanotechnological future sounds simply brilliant."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, Indie Games
- "Visual novels about cybercorgis and flirty bartenders are tops."
- Cara Ellison, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Although there aren't dialogue options, VA-11 HALL-A creates a storytelling experience that's grippingly personal. If, like many game theorists argue, story should always act as a supporter to mechanics, then VA-11 HALL-A is the exception that makes the rule."
- Jess Joho, Kill Screen
Available at soundcloud.com.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at blog.waifubartending.com.
About Sukeban Games
Sukeban Games is a team of game developers from Venezuela. We make games that focus on interaction and relationships with looks inspired by japanese animation.
More information on Sukeban Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action Credits
Christopher Ortiz (Kiririn51)
Fernando Damas (Ironic Lark)
Michael Kelly (Garoad)